AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
AIT is Austria's largest contract-oriented, non-university research organization of European format and focuses on the key infrastructure issues of the future. AIT works in close collaboration with industry, customers from public institutions, universities, international and national research partners as a highly specialized R&D partner, striving to provide added value through innovation, new technologies, new methods and tools, which comply with the institute's motto "Tomorrow Today".
AIT comprises five independent and performance-driven departments (Digital Safety & Security, Energy, Health & Environment, Innovation Systems and Mobility), co-operating closely in challenging research areas.
In Austria, there are about 1260 employees at the facilities Vienna TechGate, Vienna TECHbase, Seibersdorf, Wr. Neustadt, Ranshofen, Wien-Muthgasse, Tulln, Graz, Hall in Tirol and Klagenfurt.
Shareholders are the Republic of Austria (through the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology) with 50.46% and the "Association to Promote Research and Innovation" (Federation of Austrian Industries) with 49.54%.
Role and Key Contribution
AIT is strategically positioned as a key player in the Austrian and European innovation system by performing applied research for market exploitation of innovative solutions. AIT covers the entire spectrum from taking up emerging technologies, proof of concepts, applied research up to demonstrators and prototyping. This allows us to bridge basic research and industrial pick up. With respect to ECSEL-Austria and electronic systems in Austria, this includes
- Highly automated and autonomous systems (transport, construction, robotics, industrial automation)
- Safety, security and reliability of complex critical systems, large-scale networked systems and communication systems
- Verification and validation of critical systems and devices
- Embedded Vision, surveillance and high-performance vision
- New sensor technologies
- Smart and assistive health solutions
- Improvement of transport infrastructure (safety and cost-efficiency in context of operation and maintenance)
- optimisation of co-modal transport systems
- Sustainable smart energy systems and services (smart grids, smart cities and buildings)
AIT Austrian Institute of Technology
|1220 Vienna, Austria|