Alpen-Adria-Universität - Department Operations, Energy, and Environmental Management; Operations Management and Logistics
The Department OEE-PLM conducts research and teaching in production management/planning, supply chain management/planning as well as performance measurement related to smart production under consideration of resource efficiency and circular economy strategies.
The OEE-PLM major research areas are, e.g., rapid modeling, industry & logistics 4.0, integrated supply and demand management, integrated inventory and capacity management, and triple bottom line based performance measurement systems. A comprehensive portfolio of research activities and methods is used to address relevant research questions with impact for analyzing and planning of production processes & supply chain processes, i.e., simulation modeling (agent-based as well as discrete-event), system dynamics modelling, mathematical programming and optimization, queueing networks, data envelopment analysis and structural equational modelling. The team of the department teaches courses in production and operations management as well as supply chain management at the bachelor and master level, e.g., information management and business engineering. Furthermore the department is a core partner in the doctoral programme „Modeling, Simulation and Optimization in Business and Economics“ offered by the Universitaet Klagenfurt.
Role and Key Contribution
- Unique expertise in empirical quantitative modeling, analysis and optimization of production and supply chain processes.
- Dynamic and stochastic modelling of manufacturing systems as well as supply chains
- Analysis and optimization of manufacturing systems and supply chains
- Comprehensive evaluation and performance measurement
- Development of innovative integrated supply and demand planning policies
- Development of hybrid systems and tools for decision support in the field of integrated sales and operations planning.
|9020 Klagenfurt, Austria|