14. Workshop on Automotive Software Engineering (ASE)
September 27, 2016, Klagenfurt, Austria
http://www.iti.tugraz.at/ase2016 (in conjunction with INFORMATIK 2016)
The 14th Workshop "Automotive Software Engineering" addresses methods,techniques, and tools for software development for modern vehicles. Advanceddriver assistance systems (ADAS), new operating concepts (HMI), and fullyautonomous driving lead to a high demand of flexible interconnectivity amongvehicles, infrastructure, and the users’ mobile devices. Thus, embeddedautomotive software becomes increasingly complex and the development processesrequire more sophisticated tools. Apart, cutting-edge concepts for customizedmanufacturing and configuration of vehicles (Industry 4.0) demand for dependableand long-term interaction channels between ECUs and production environments.
GOALS AND AUDIENCE. The workshop discusses challenges and possible solutions forautomotive software engineering on the way towards smart mobility. Contributionsfrom all fields of software development for privately or commercially usedvehicles are welcome. The workshop aims at researchers, developers, and usersfrom the automotive industry as well as at scientists from research institutesand universities, which are related to automotive software engineering.
TOPICS. Both theoretical and practical contributions are welcome.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
* Development processes, architectures, interfaces and protocols for automotive software
* Dependable system software
* ADAS and autonomous driving functions
* Vehicular networks and Car2X
* Variants and configuration management
* Evolution and updates of software at runtime
* Apps and HMI concepts
* Individualization of vehicles (Industrie 4.0)
* Big data for intelligent vehicles
* Security and safety aspects
* Integration of advanced environmental sensors
SUBMISSIONS. Submissions for the workshop will be peer-reviewed by the programcommittee. Accepted papers will be published in the GI series "Lecture Notes inInformatics" (LNI). Details for submissions (8-12 pages) can be found at thewebsite of the workshop. For each accepted contribution the participation of atleast one author at the workshop is mandatory.
PARTICIPATION. Participation in the workshop requires a registration forINFORMATIK 2016.ORGANIZATION. The Workshop is organized by the Embedded Automotive Systems Group(EAS) at Graz University of Technology in coordination with the GI SpecialInterest Group on Automotive Software Engineering (ASE), and our industrypartner:
EAS: Prof. Dr. Marcel Baunach (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Industry Partner: AVL List GmbH, Graz (www.avl.com)
* Submission deadline: 02 May 2016
* Notification: 01 June 2016
* Camera-ready version: 19 June 2016