Call for Bachelor and Master Theses /
Focus Digital Souvereignty
The ESBS-Austria technology platform is planning to support 3 Bachelor/Master theses on the topic "Electronics and Software Based Systems", which focus on digital souvereignty. ESBS-Austria aims to contribute to each thesis with 2,000 Euros and will present an award for the best topic/thesis during an official ESBS-Austria event.
Topics for your thesis:
Electronics and software based systems* and digitalization as enabler to overcome burning societal issues and challenges
- Circular ecomony
- Smart farming
- Energy saving
- Security & Safety
- Alternative mobility solutions through autonomous systems
- Charge management innovations
- Innovation level
- Knowledge gained or benefit for the user/customer
- Societal, social or ecological impact
- Commercial use/potential/exploitation – marketability, e.g. economic feasibility, patentability, applicability of results
- Written presentation of the project – comprehensibility/clarity, completeness, traceabitliy of argumentation
Who can participate?
Students writing a BA/MA thesis at a recognised Austrian university/university of applied sciences as well as Austrian companies or ones located in Austria (subsidiaries abroad are excluded).
Which theses will be accepted?
Thesis topics that have been submitted to and approved by the supervising professor, theses in progress or submitted theses that have not yet been completed or graded, however, will be considered.
- Dr. Helmut Leopold, Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
- Dr. Michael Paulweber, AVL List GmbH
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Pribyl, TU Graz
describes first results/objectives/targets and meets/refers to the above criteria on 3 to 5 A4 pages in German or English
The deadline for submission is 30th September 2022.
Submission may be made in German or English.
* Electronics and Software Based Systems (ESBS): ESBS-Austria has coined this term to be able to describe both electronic components and modules as well as the embedded software including upstream products. ESBS are used (in a range of dedicated forms) in all key technologies.